You guys are so encouraging and inquisitive! I got a ton of questions about my guest space…so I wanted to answer them. So here goes…First this bed is in my studio. On the other side of this camera is a zoo of fabric and machines and mayhem. Of course, I organized and cleaned the room suitable to house my guests.
1) Door ~ FREE from Habitat for Humanity (I just got another FREE door from Habitat that I’m going to make into a Headboard for my bed)
Rose Painting ~ Thrift store in Florida
2) Euro Pillow Sham made by me from 2 tea towels with a ruffle of muslin
3) Simply Shabby Chic Matelasse Coverlet and Shams (bought on clearance at Target)
4) Small Boudoir Pillow from the thrift store
5) Old, White Chenille Bedspread from the thrift store
4 Sets of fluffy white towels from JCPenney (bought with gift card AND they were on sale)
6) Queen size Blue and White Striped Bed skirt from the thrift store (the tag said it was King, but it wasn’t. I just folded it in half to double the skirt so you couldn’t see the trundle underneath)
7) Side Table from Estate Sale
Lamp from Thrift store (I recovered the lamp shade with burlap and hot glue)
Water Pitcher with glass from Pier One
Magazines bought in England when I visited a few years ago (I have an unhealthy obsession with magazines…some would call it hoarding…I call it collecting)
We bought the Daybed on craigslist and the mattresses brand new from BJ’s. (I draw the line at sleeping on used mattresses. Only NEW for me.) It has a pop up trundle to make into a King bed. One of my favorite purchases!
Someone asked me about the paint color in this room. I did not paint this room, it was actually this color when we moved in. So, I don’t know what color it is…but it looks very similar to one of the color’s in my girl’s rooms called “Summer Sorbet” from Lowes Seaside collection.
If you buy what you love, it really does…ALL come together! What treasures have you found thrifting lately?