So…I’ve been out of pocket. I had surgery earlier this week and did what every woman with children does. I thought I was going to die and tried to spend as much time with the people who matter most. Don’t we always do that? I’ve only ever been in the hospital to birth my two children with no complications at all. As soon as the doc said surgery, I started having a panic attack…thinking that as soon as the general anesthesia kicks in…that’s hit…I’m history. Then you start reviewing your life, hoping you were somewhat of a good example to your daughter’s and that you were the kind of friend you would want. I’m telling yall…I was freakin’ over here. But, I’m good now. Alive and able to tell about it. However, it did feel like someone hit me in the stomach with a baseball bat…repeatedly! And it still hurts when I sneeze or laugh. I had a laparoscopy.
Here are the things I’ve done after surgery:
1) Stalked multiple people on facebook.
2) Watched re-runs of Vampire Diaries…just sayin’
3) Watched “Under the Tuscan Sun” for about the 567 millionth time. Some of my favorite quotes:
“Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game. It’s such a surprise.” ~Frances
“Regrets are a waste of time. They’re the past crippling you in the present.” ~Katherine
“If you smash into something good, you should hold on until it’s time to let go.” ~Marcello
3) Watched “Old School” with Will Ferrell which led to watching some of my favorite SNL skits…like “Cow Bell” “I’m on a Boat” and any SNL skit with Justin Timberlake.
4) Went Pinterest crazy! Everytime my husband came up to check on me…I was on pinterest. He was all…like “What is this?” I said, “It’s like ripping pages out of a magazine…only easier.” He doesn’t get it.
5) Reading every review possible about “Breaking Dawn Part 1″…because I haven’t seen it yet!!!
As you hit forty, I promise your body will start to fall apart…not that I haven’t been fighting it the whole way by working out, coloring my hair, and trying to dress half way hip. It is what it is…
I'm taking you to see BD… when can you go?
Wow did you speak to ME today! I'm sorry about your surgery — I had that some years ago. It stinks. But like everything, yadayada, it will make you better for the experience. I had knee surgery on Tuesday, the wheel being too squeaky in my late 40's, and feeling a tad woe-is-me. Your quotes from the movie are PERFECT for me today. Thank you and I'm glad I came to visit today. I wish you a quick recovery but take it easy. It's not a bad thing for the kids to wait on you 🙂
Kristi~The Slipcover Girl says
Thanks so much for your lovely comment. Hope you recover quickly also!
Pink Overalls @DIY Home Staging says
Kristi — I'm sending you lots of get well wishes! I hope you're letting your family wait on you. This may be the last time you have an excuse for that kind of service. At least until you're 90 and need help with those pull-up adult diapers.
Rambling Heather says
Thinking of you friend. Hope you have a super quick recovery.
Slipcover Chic says
Oh Girl….I have been so out of touch. I am glad you are okay….and you are “hip”, don't worry.