These cookies were so good! And I felt good about my family eating them. Somehow a multi-grain oatmeal chocolate chip cookie didn’t sound so bad. I am in the process of transitioning me and my family to REAL food. This counts…doesn’t it? No more junk, fast food, processed, soda…etc. It’s been easier than I thought. I’ve become convicted about what we put in our bodies…hence the reason for me giving up caffeine. I really have been less foggy and it’s been easier to wake up in the mornings. There can’t be that much caffeine in chocolate chips…right? We definitely need a de-tox after being on vacation!
- 1/2 cup salted butter softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cups Trader Joe’s Multi-grain Baking/Pancake Mix (similar to Bisquick)
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
- 1/2 cup nuts, chopped, if desired (optional)
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In large bowl, mix butter, both sugars, vanilla and egg.
- Stir in Trader Joe’s multi-grain Pancake mix, oats, chocolate chips and nuts.
- Onto parchment lined cookie sheet, drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart; flatten slightly.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack…then to mouth!
I’m participating in Edie’s Christmas Cookie Exchange! Go check out all the yummy recipes!