After hysterectomy

Happy quilt

Started working on this Happy Hysterectomy quilt before my surgery…it still looks like this. I thought if I was going to be laying around recuperating, I wanted something fun to look at… Day 6: Seriously, I may be going a little mad.  I just finished watching Season 1 of The Walking Dead.  At the end of the last episode, I started crying.  I’m chalking it up to the surgical menopause…because I really don’t think it’s normal to cry over a zombie show…just sayin’.  Last night, I woke up in a puddle of water.  I guess I had a hot flash although I was freezing when I went to bed…so much so that my teeth were chattering.  The perils of menopause…yay me.

Week 4: Things are starting to even out. Night sweats here and there. Maybe I’ll make it. My oncology Doc broke up with me…he said I was boring…no cancer and he never wanted to see me again. Best break-up ever. I also started a full-time job working for the man. I’m still making slipcovers and have one in the process right now. That’s why I haven’t been super active here.

There has been alot going on in my life and the truth is I’ve been afraid to tell my story…for fear that it will be used against me in some way.  Maybe someday…I will be able to share freely.

Comments

1. says

I had my ovaries removed too with my uterus so I chalked that up to why I was crying over “The Partridge Family” rerun I was watching in the hospital. It gets better for sure. I didn't have the cancer they strongly suspected either so YAY for us!

2. says

cheering you on. that makes three of us hyster sisters with the bilateral oophorectomy. be patient with yourself and give your body time to heal. so thankful that your onc never wants to see you again. God bless.

3. Lauren says

Hello. Greetings from San Diego, California. I don't know you at all, but I'm rooting for you, big time. You deserve a season of healing, and I'm praying it is coming your way.

4. Maxie says

Hello, I feel your pain, I am also in early menopause because of cancer. My treatment ended in March and it's great to not see my onco every week. I love your blog and your work, wished you lived in Cali. I will be attempting my first slipcover!

5. says

It's so brave of you to tell your
    story and I'm giving you a full
    mental recovery from all this.
    My daughter has had such worries.
    At 21 she had part of her cervix
    removed and at 34 a full hysterectomy.
    It's been a year now and I can hear
    in her voice the pain and joy knowing
    she is ok…
    Wishing you a speedy recovery as to
    where you will not even think about
    it anymore… bless you
    Oh and if you want, I have 9yds of
    really nice fabric just waiting for
    me to get started on a slipcover.
    You can come do mine.
    might be a while before I get to it.
    Happy Holidays
    Sandy

6. says

wishing you a full recovery from what has been a difficult year. I too have come out of two brutal years and I can only say – It gets better. One foot in front of the other…