Slipcover Class

Slipcovers by Pink and Polka Dot

I received this email from my friend…IRL, Handmade Housewife

I was wondering if you’d ever consider doing another slipcover party…at your house? I have 2 wingbacks that I really want to do, but I’m just stuck. I’ve been itching to get these done. If I could get one covered I would know how to do the other one. I have your ebook…but I was thinking you could hold my hand, HA!

First, I know she can sew crazy good, but sometimes it is nice if someone holds your hand…as she so appropriately put it.

So I wanna hold your hand in a slipcover-y kinda way. Is anyone interested in a slipcover class? Are you local to the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill area?…or you can come from Montana if ya want.

Slipcover at Nester's

Remember the one we did at Nester’s? She invited friends over to slip her sectional. We really had a ton of fun!

Wing Chair before and after

I, however, will not be inviting you to my house because it will only hold about two of you…and if you have your furniture…well just forget about it! I’m trying to find a place big enough for you and your pieces. You will be bringing your own furniture and leaving with a newly slipped piece that you’ll LOVE forever…or at least until you slipcover it again!
It will have to be a piece that you can transport and move by yourself and there will be a registration fee..still ironing that out. More details to follow. Right now, I’m just trying to get an idea of anyone who might be interested. So…are ya interested?

Comments

1. says

oh man! I would so be in if I didn't live in Louisiana!! I have that exact maroon wing back chair that the nester had and it is sitting in my garage, half pulled apart and waiting for some huge help! have fun!

2. says

I'm in the Raleigh area (Wendell in eastern Wake County)! I had no idea you were in my area!

I am dying to sew some slipcovers for two wingback chairs I inherited from my mother in law.

Please let me know!
    Nancy W.

3. says

Curse words! lots of em'! I need help SO bad and am nowhere near you (in gloomy Ohio). I finally opened my sewing machine box last night. You read that right. I just now opened my sewing machine, have never used one before, and want to attempt tp slipcover and ugly chair I bought. The instruction manual overwhelmed me and I went to bed with anxiety.

How else can I find help?!

4. says

Wow! I live in Raleigh and would love to learn how to slipcover. Though I'd especially love a new couch cover, I would not haul that to and from your house/location. My kitchen chairs could use something cute, though. And if my friend in Durham is in town (she travels with work) I'm sure she'd come too. :)

5. says

I live in Tucson but spend my summer in Durham (my husband is the manager of the durham bulls). What if I brought really good measurements??? Oh well, maybe I'll just have to hunt Goodwill in NC and slip it and ship it home.

6. says

I live in Monroe and would love to take a class! I have two wingbacks I need to cover.

I definitely learn better with someone teaching the details!

7. says

I'm 45 minutes east of Raleigh and would be interested in coming. I have one chair that I've almost finished slip covering but I have a wing chair I would really like help with.

8. says

I would love to come! I had so much fun at the Nesters and would love to see you again. I even happen to have a cute little chair that I have been procrastinating on, mostly because is very “roundish” and is intimidating me!

9. says

I am new to this area and would love to do this! I still have a large empty living room and foyer. I just saw a car at my daughter's HS with a pinkpolkadot sticker in the window – is that you?

10. Lindsay says

I live in Wake Forest and would love to learn how to make slipcovers! I have no idea how to sew (I am buying a sewing machone within the next two weeks) but I would love to make a slipcover for a loveseat I just bough. I also have a nice sized garage, dining room, living room that has yet to see a party since I've moved in (also yet to see a paint brush). Throwing my home out there!

11. says

Oh my word. I'm trying to decide if it would be reasonable to rent a U-haul and drive to North Carolina with my sofa just for this opportunity. I'm thinking yes!

Just yesterday, I got a quote for slip-covering my 3-seat sofa. Wanna hear it? Are you sitting down?

$1,900!

I kid you not. My first thought was that it would be cheaper to go buy the fabric, then fly Kristi to Pennsylvania and feed her lobster and caviar for a few days.

Sigh. I really need to learn how to use my sewing machine.

Kimba

PS…Hope you're having a blast at Blissdom! Wish I was there with you!

12. says

OMG!!!!!! Maybe Kimba and I could “carpool?” I sooooo want to figure out a way to do this. I'm in Maryland with barstools and small chairs in desperate need. And zero courage. Even less sewing skills. Ready to staple dropcloths on and call it done. really. Have truck. Will travel. Need hotel and time info. This just might be my better than Blissdom.

13. says

Are you still doing this? I would love to come. I live in garner and i've taken a reupholstery class at wake tech, but i want to learn to slipcover. I'm really interested. thanks a ton

14. says

I know I missed your class this past weekend (I just found you today!), but I live in Charlotte, NC and would love to attend something like this. I have this chair/ottoman combo that needs some serious love and attention…

Please let me know if you do another one! :)

15. Eva says

First visit to your blog. Are you planning any addl classes. I live in Virginia but would drive over and stay with a friend.