Cheap and Easy Halloween decor

living room halloween decor

I’m trying to simplify and use what I’ve got! I get to benefit from the previous owner’s rose’s…orange and red! FREE fall decor! What do you have in your yard that you can use for decor?

halloween crows decor

I found this birdhouse for $5 on a side of the road yard sale. The crow’s are from Dollar Tree and the branches are from my yard {free}. Use branches and pine cones for easy free decor. Put them in apothecary’s or large glass vases. If you celebrate Halloween, stretch some dollar tree spider web around the branches. Instant eerie!

monogrammed pumpkin

I found this white pumpkin at dollar tree and the urn and glass apothecary at the thrift store. You can make your own monogrammed pumpkin…here. Just plop it up on top of a candle stick.

halloween hutch decor

My Hutch…which is similar to last year. We just haven’t added the spider webs yet….ooohhh.

halloween hutch decor

Use books with a black binding. My hutch is decorated in black and white. The white ceramic pumpkin has candy hiding in it…for adults only. No children know it’s there!
halloween hutch decor

Use frames you have…just find three and type out different fonts to spell out “boo” or “eek” or whatever thrills you! I also re-used wine bottles and covered them with dollar tree labels and put candles in them. Centsational Girl has some labels you can download here. How cool would a red candle look in one of these bottles…like blood dripping…eek…

front door pumpkin decor

With the front door, I just simply put pumpkins on top of the urns with some spanish moss and dollar tree crows. We’ll be putting some spider webs on the porch soon…
mum decor

Mums! Everyone needs mums…even me…even though I have a black thumb! I do buy mums every year. Go check out the How-To for the “Monogrammed galvanized bucket” here.
Halloween - monogrammed crow

Monogrammed Crow Plaque for the front door or…where ever you want it. Here’s the tutorial.
To decorate for fall or Halloween…just look around your house! I’m sure you’ve got something you can use!

I’m linking to Nester’s Fall Mantel Party…even though my mantel is decorated with my man’s TV! I decorate else where! Also, linking to Hooked on Houses and This Blessed Nest.

Comments

1. says

I love your Fall decorations!! I have been to 2 different dollar trees and cannot find the white pumpkins, did you find them this year?
    Enjoy your Autumn!!!
    Suzann

2. says

my little man was born on Halloween so decorating for the holiday is a must in our house! absolutely love your ideas, and i'll be using some on a bookcase in our living room similar to what you did with your hutch!

3. says

Love the framed “Boo”, love the skeleton and pirate ship combo! Love it all. Oh, and especially the crows in the yard sale bird house. I gotta do that.

4. says

I don't typically decorate for Halloween, but like what you have done with your home.
    Love the mums in the galvanized bucket.
    I also am loving your white curtains in your living room/family room. Where did you get them? I have been looking all over for light and airy curtains for our masterbedroom.

5. says

Oh my goodness…your home is SO cute for Halloween {and normal days too}. I love that you chose to decorate your home in a tasteful way and not tacky Halloween stuff in every corner. Very Martha Stewart for the everyday woman. Thanks for wonderful inspiration!

.heather.

6. says

love that you used all sorts of natural elements along with cute little pumpkins here & there!

that hutch & the way you have it displayed is FAB-U-LOUS! everything about it.

thanks for linking up to the FALL FESTIVAL!

kellie

p.s. i just found your blog, a few weeks ago & i loved it & everything about your home. so nice seeing you linking up to the FALL FESTIVAL. ;) i love how our blog world gets smaller & smaller everyday!
    have a lovely weekend.