English Biscuits!

When I was in England, I wanted one of those cute ‘Biscuit tins’. They call ‘cookies’…’biscuits’. So I went to the thrift store and found some tin canisters…and made my own.

I spray painted the tins with primer first and then with a white metal spray paint.

Then I did the ink transfer and traced it with a black paint pen.

The large tin was 20 cents, the small one was free and the medium one was 15 cents. I had all the paint & the paint pen….a 35 cent project!

I don’t keep biscuits or cookies in it…but my secret candy stash!

Comments

1. says

Love, love, love these painted tins! I used to be quite the DIY gal back before my 2nd child was born (4 yrs ago). You’ve inspired me to get back at it again.

2. says

i did the same for tampons and toilet paper in the bathroom! i like your blog! i’m thinking of recovering a chair and i think i’ll try your method! thanks for the inspiration!

3. says

I walked right by a huge pile of tins yesterday at a thrift store…after seeing thins I might have to make another trip back! Too cute! (and easy!!!)

4. says

That’s so cute! I love the font…yes, I am a self-admitted font freak :) lol.What a great idea…I need some tins for my flour and sugar…this would be fun!Loving your blog…you are so creative!

5. says

I’m going to have to borrow this idea. Those tins are a dime a dozen at Goodwill and garage sales and I love what you’ve done with them. Thanks!

6. says

I love it! I have a huge tin for my Flour but it is very “un-me” and I have to hide it. I tried a glass jar but I hated hefting it…. I am fussy about having an opening big enough and a tin big enough to measure from and I love this idea! I will definately be using it. I will let you know how it turns out